Talanor, the Bright Tower
Most of the world has been destroyed, and most of the inhabitants have been sucked into the rift before the Hazard could contain it. Bærwynnd, the 1st Hazard of Talanor… the most powerful Diviner in a millennium… had inadvertently come close to destroying the known world. But Amus, the Elder, intervened and a handful of mortals were saved at the last moment and have awoken in the summoning room inside Talanor, the Bright Tower. Before them stands the Hazard locked in an epic struggle to keep the rift sealed. They remember having felt their souls being ripped from their mortal flesh. Just as they witnessed the same happen to others moments before being consumed by the singularity. They hear the Hazard, in their minds, Help me… there is little time… my power is waning and I cannot hold the rift sealed… help me.
In 7995 E.C., the world has been torn apart by magic. A singularity opened within Talanor, the Bright Tower, has terraformed the ring-world into a shard-world. This is known as the Shaping. Most of the surface dwelling races were decimated, especially those close to Talanor. The more distant lands had less impact. The singularity was created when Bærwynnd, the 1st Hazard of Talanor, opened a portal directly into the Ether. He projected himself into the pure energy attempting to learn its secrets. He encountered the thoughts of Kiravor who was reaching out from the void to touch his followers. Kiravor used this direct connection to begin to consume the world. While Bærwynnd hopes to contain the singularity, known as the Vortex, he sends the party to find the other Hazards. Only together can they hope to save the world.
Divination – Baerwynnd (Talanor)
Bærwynnd will send them after Sivantanpisil at the Tower of Necromancy.
Encounters: 1st & 2nd Level
- The Grand Summoning Hall of Talanor
- The Lower Bridge of Talanor
- The Undead City and the Journey to the Eastgate
- The Crypt of Eastgate
Encounters: 3rd Level
- The Catacombs of Eastgate – The party journeys through the ruins of the lower city and discover the Halls of Bloodforge Clan
- The Abyssal Bridge & the Flight through the Hall of Warriors
Encounters: 4th Level
- The Ambush at the Ruins of Ashenhall – The party is attacked by gnolls while resting for the night.
- The Screaming Skull of Crossroads -
- The Burnt Inn – The gnolls return and attempt to take the party captive.The party has met and befriended two fighter/clerics of Mylesar, Ptahh and Quistaine.
Necromancy – Sivantanpisil (Pyrae)
Sivan refuses to leave Pyrae as only he can protect Pyrae from certain destruction. He asks the party to retrieve the Staff of Stoorjian in the crypts below the Tower. They can take the staff to Bærwynnd to aid him. Following recovery of the staff, the party is transported to the top of the tower where they see that the city is lost, crumbling into space. Sivantanpisil agrees to take the staff, but pleas with the party to go to the Hazard of Conjuration deep in the heart of the Kingdom of Haemil. He apparates them into Kragenwood as the Tower is overtaken by undead. Taking the staff, he departs for Talanor but not before giving them the key to the Tower, “just in case”.
In Kragenwood, they discover the fate of Querkus’ ancient glade and salvage the sapling.
Encounters: 5th Level
- The Tower of Necromancy – The party explores the crypts below the Tower of Necromancy and recover the Staff of Stoorjian.
Encounters: 6th Level
- The Dying Chestnut – The party witnesses the death of the ancient chestnut tree but are able to save its rootstock. Querkus, the druid residing in Gruskorb takes comfort in knowing that the tree’s “memories” will not be lost.
- The Highmark Keep – The party sieges the small keep atop the winding stairs that lead to the plains of Haemil. Within the keep they find several gnoll slayers and a powerful gnoll commander wielding an ornate greataxe.