Talanor, the Bright Tower
Archives - Timeline
The Timeline of Æustëra
Based upon the legends and myths of the mortals, the following is the Timeline from the creation of the universe to the present day.
Reign of the Ealintaine
Creation of the Ether and the Start of Time
- Amus, the Elder takes form in the Void and gives life to the Ethereal Realm
- The Divinium took shape in the Void
- Teysura and Kiravor enter the Ether creating life and death, in turn.
- Amus conceives Time to balance life and death, and Kiravor withdraws to the Void.
- Forging of the World
- Teysura creates the known world, shaping it with the Ether.
- Calledrym enters the Ether and bears witness to the world, claiming dominion over the skies.
- Celestri follows Calledrym from the void and marvels that all that Teysura had created.
- Vra’Lithe emerges from the void and sets the Sun in motion around the world.
- Seven thoughts become aware in the void and become The Docti, the Learned.
Coming of Man & the Great Awakening
- Gaeruhn reveals the idea of flesh to Amus who creates the human race, giving the gift of life to woman and granting death to man so that they can feel time pass.
- Man’s thought awakens the Docti who impart knowledge to man from the ether.
- Selefahn comes out of the void to usher man back to the Ether upon death.
- Feanithol stirs in the Void as knowledge is lost to Time.
- Celestri enters the Material Plane, walking upon the world.
- Teysura begets her children, the Inherents.
- Lorrynor’s thought of pure logic give life to the elves.
- Thaedymar conceives of the dwarves giving them life.
- Celestri teaches the elves to sing, awakening Veavys from revelry.
- Grahlithe creates the hobgoblins in his image.
- Veavys comes to the world and creates the halflings.
- Celestri retreats to the oceans.
- Jhaeros constructs Narwell, the first home of men.
- Korlez transforms some of the first men into lycanthrope in his attempt to reimagine them.
The Godling Wars
- Kiravor and Gaeruhn returned to the Ether and began to destroy the world.
- Celestri rises from the Oceans to oppose Kiravor.
- Celestri hallowed the Rynin Sea.
- Solinthol, elven prince, calls out to Calledrym for aide but is left unanswered.
- Faenithol hears the pleas of Solinthol and comes from the Void, teaching mortals to pray to the gods.
- Gaeruhn consumes the Sun and darkness descends upon the world.
- The Ealintaine grant power to the mortals but do not come from the Ether.
- Vra’Lithe confronts Gaeruhn but is instead recruited by Kiravor to burn the world.
- Mylesar teach the elves to take arms against Kiravor.
- Lorrynor takes the form of a dragon and is consumed by Gaeruhn.
- Dasyra comes last from the Void making the stars in the night sky and conceiving the gnomes. She opposes Kiravor and Gaeruhn. The elves befriend her and create the Crystal Scythe for her.
- Gaeruhn enslaves Elanil and forces the knowledge of alchemy from her.
- Korlez sends his minions to battle for Kiravor and Gaeruhn.
- Elanil, driven mad, escapes from Gaeruhn.
- Amus shows Vra’Lithe a vision of the future where world is burnt to ash, and Vra’lithe retreats to the Void.
- Dasyra slices open Gaeruhn who bursts sending pure ethereal energy into the world and creates the dragons.
- Lorrynor emerges unscathed from Gaeruhn’s belly bringing the Sun with her.
- Gaeruhn flees into the depths of the world and Korlez retreats to the shadows.
- Kiravor kills Dasyra, the first Ealintaine to die. Selefahn embraces her spirit and sets it among the stars she created where her thoughts reform.
- Aeyss, the silver dragon, along with Sacryff, the paladin, descends into the earth in search of Gaeruhn.
- Vra’Lithe is consumed with the loss of Dasyra and returns to the Ether to ask the Ealintaine to intervene.
- Selefahn shows Vra’Lithe the secret to avatars.
- Vra’Lithe becomes the Avatar of Fire and leads the Ealintaine to the world.
- Calledrym names Boldrik Dael’Brügt as the Stewart of Earthenwork as the gods converge upon the Fields of Fire and the final battle with Kiravor.
- Calledrym defeats Kiravor claims dominance over the Ether.
- Thaedymar bestows power upon the Magi who seal off the Ether from the Material Plane.
Reign of Tranquility
465 B.E. – The Magi seal the Ether and peace reigns across the lands as man begins to migrate across the continent.
103 B.E. – Vallenkrös I crowned King of Manevyk marking the first monarchy of mortals following the Godling Wars.
48 B.E. – Vallenkrös II conquers Korshavn, uniting all the northern coasts under the Vallen’s banner.
7 B.E. – Vallenjos capture the Crimson Tower of Narwell.
1 B.E. – King Earic Ó Béara of Firsthaven dies from disease and the city is captured by Vallenjos.
Reign of Kings
1 E.C. – Vallenjos crowned King of Esteparon in Firsthaven
4 E.C. – Eurick Dael’Brügt, son of Boldrik Dael’Brügt is crowned the first King of Haemil and Stewart of Earthenwork.
23 E.C. – Baren’del established
315 E.C. – Bærwynnd discovers the vale of Talanor and builds the Bright Tower declaring himself the 1st Hazard of Talanor.
574 E.C. – Fires of Narwell consume the city.
862 E.C. – Rise of Leyrtisian Empire
973 E.C. – Rift of Magic
1143 E.C. – Fall of the Vallens
1204 E.C. – Founding of the Dukedom of Talanor
1312 E.C. – The city of Alarid is built upon the ruins of Narwell.
2715 E.C. – King of Esteparon build the Roc’s Nest in the mountains above the Vale of Talanor.
3251 E.C. – Brynaen I arrives in Quonos
3678 E.C. – Founding of Greyton by the Aleamitore House of First Elves
4266 E.C. – The Dragon King of Esteparon kills the Hazard of Quonos
4285 E.C. – The First Gathering of the Hazards
4289 E.C. – The Dragon King is killed by Duke Khaelvn III, Lord of Quonos; Firsthaven destroyed; the Nobility of Esteparon continue to be buried in the necropolis; but don’t recognize a King of Esteparon.
Reign of Hazards
4291 E.C. – The Second Gathering of the Hazards
4295 E.C. – Death of Stoorjian and the Sealing of the Tower of Necromancy.
6322 E.C. – Founding of Avendale by Avenius, the Just.
7682 E.C. – Mälekoor reclaimed the title of Hazard of Necromancy and the tower becoming the 11th Hazard of Pyrae.
7973 E.C. – Helluddar Krögen XIX is crowned King of Haemil in Earthenwork.
7995 E.C. – 17th of Loris – Bærwynnd opens the rift to the Ether.
7995 E.C. – Year of the Shaping
17th of Loris – The Outsiders are drawn to the Bright Tower and battle a gnoll and a hooded man. After departing the tower, they arrive at the Dragon Gate of Eastgate.
18th of Loris – The dwarves of Eastgate along with the Outsiders retake the Halls of Mourning and the Crypts.
4th of Faelis – The Outsiders depart Eastgate.
5th of Faelis – Thomas Thorne arrives at the Bright Tower to discover that Gunther is missing. Joined by his traveling companions, Thomas finds Haessen and an undead-Gunther at the Temple of the Sacred Mother.
7th of Faelis – The Outsiders arrive at the Tower of Necromancy and recovery the Staff of Stoorjian for Sivantanpisil. Niyut finds the Libre Sanguinem.
8th of Faelis – Gruskorb saves the sapling of the ancient chestnut tree.
11th of Faelis – The Outsiders retake HIghmark Keep.
7th of Selefis – The Outsiders arrive at Earthenwork.
11th of Selefis – The Outsiders discover the Shrine of the Summoner.
14th of Selefis – The Outsiders return to Earthenwork to find it under siege by the gnolls under the command of Rgulblux; The evacuation of Earthenwork begins.